Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sew Much is Changing...


Things are always changing...I guess that's something that none of us can do anything about. Well some of it I guess we can, like my ever expanding and retracting waistline, but that another story all together.


Everything changes. Some changes are good, some changes are bad. But most changes are just hard.


Changing locations was a hard one. Moving from Southern California 200 miles North to Central California, that one was a toughie. Complicated by the fact that I was 5 months preggers with my midget and my baby boy was starting Kindergarten the day following the move. Again that's a whole other story. Although this change was hard..it turned out to be a huge blessing. What made this change okay was that my husband was finally after almost 10 years following the Fire Academy going to be working FT at a city department doing the job that he loves and has dreamed of doing since he was a boy. That kind of accomplishment for my Hubby was huge! Not only for him but for our entire family. The change of location was hard, but ended up being one of the best decisions we've ever made as a family, and as long as the 5 of us, well the 4 3/4 of us at the time, were together...well that was all that mattered.


Now we've been here almost 6 years, and if you did the math, the huge change that I'm struggling with is my Midget going to Kindergarten. She's so excited! Me...uh...not so much. My husband has afforded me the privilege of being home with my kids since we moved her to Tulare. So that little booger has been attached to my hip her entire life. She's kinda my partner in crime. She'll start Kinder in August which will leave me here, at home, alone. My husband works like 5 side jobs, okay I'm exaggerating but you get the point, so I am her alone...A LOT! I found myself obsessing on this fact and even counting down the days until she would be leaving me.

I know, self-torture.

For now I have come to realize I need to start embracing these changes. Well the biggest reason is because moping around all the time, and crying every time I think about it just wasn't working out that well for me or my family. I am excited for her and can't wait for her to have all those awesome adventures that are awaiting her at school, just sad she won't be here with me. I am hoping that a PT job at the school will come my way, so that I can keep occupied in the mornings, and still be Queen of the Volunteers at my kids' schools in the afternoon, and Super Mommy in the evenings.


So I decided for now I needed to get back to do something I love, a somewhat of a distraction. My sewing machine had broke about 5 years ago. Unfortunately I am one of those people whom find it extremely difficult to purchase big items, well really rather anything, for myself. So thankfully my mom got me a new Singer machine for Christmas. Well now it's April, and I've pulled Bessie out of her box and I'm ready to SEW!!!


I'm hoping that this will not only be an outlet for me to keep my mind of of you-know-who ditching me and going to Kindergarten, and in the mean time I can make some pretty things for the people that I love! I got a good start last night I threw together a dress for Paigie, well not exactly, I was up until 1am and was sewing while the kids were asleep because that way if the "F" bomb got thrown they weren't around to catch it LOL! It Didn't turn out too bad for the first thing that I've sewn in 5 years! She loves it so that's all that matters! Hopfully I'll be too busy sewing to think about the changes that are about to happen in August and I'm over the Gloomy Guss days. I'm sure their not gone entirely, after all I am human, but if/when those days come I feel blessed enough to say that I have a great support system to help get me through it, and who knows maybe this change will turn out to be a blessing too! (I said maybe lol)

Sew many things are changing, it's not easy to accept some of them, but I am going to make an effort to do just that, and not only accept those changes but embrace them and make the most of it!

Life is what you make of it....SEW let's just see what I make next!













3 comments:

  1. Love it...maybe I can hire you for some sewing projects...I have a machine myself but lack that special talent...I would LOVE a queen sized FF themed quilt....lol....I'll see if I can find a pattern...maybe you can teach me over twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I learned to sew in High school, they actually had that as an elective LOL! I've never made a quilt, but a FF one would be rather awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I found your blog through Two In-Two Out. I am a firefighter's wife too and although we don't have kids yet, your blog is so cool! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete