Sunday, April 18, 2010

Look What I Did!




I've always loved making cakes! I made this one for my girlfriend's little girl Emma's 3rd birthday. She loved it! Everyone else did too! I was quite proud of the way it came out.











I wasn't quite sure what to get Emma for her birthday so I had a last minute lightbulb moment and thought of just the thing. I had picked up a really cute pattern for children's aprons at Joanns last week and thought she'd love a Minnie inspired apron. She's always helping her mom in the kitchen and I thought this apron idea would be just too cute!


So I ran down to Joanns..again...and picked up some red with white polka dotted fabric, buttons and some ric rac and got to work! I think it came out kinda cute for my first one. I added the ribbon and button detail on the pocket last minute just to give it a little something extra!


Emma loved it, and I hope she'll enjoy wearing it while spending her special time with her mommy! Only one problem, Paige and Baily, Emma's big sister, flipped over the apron so it looks like I'll be heading to Joanns...again... to pick up some more fabric to put together two more !


1 comment:

  1. That cake is darling! I love it and secretly wish that I was that talented to make something like that!

    ReplyDelete